Therapeutic & Case Management Services
Each young man will be assigned a Masters level therapist who will provide individual counseling, comprehensive case management services and assist the student with development of his prescriptive treatment plan. All young men participate in core groups and have the option to attend specialized groups based on individual needs. Each young man also has access to psychiatric services and treatment by a licensed medical practitioner.
DePaul Academy offers a variety of educational and skill-building groups for students, which provide them with the appropriate amount of cognitive-based interventions to reduce risk factors. The curricula and skills used to deliver these services include:
- Seeking Safety for Adolescents
- Thinking for a Change (T4C)
- Aggression Replacement Training (ART)
- UCCI Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Substance Abuse
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Effective Practices in Community Supervision (EPICS)
- Positive Skill Development Groups (PSD)
- Positive Organizational Community Group (POC)
Visitations and family treatment services are responsive to the unique needs of students and their families. Services offered include:
- Case Management Communication: Parents are involved in the treatment planning process, and the staff will communicate with the parents via e-mail or telephone each week.
- Visitations and Passes: Weekly family visits and home passes allow students to spend quality time with their families.
- Family Communication: Parents and students are encouraged to keep in contact through letter writing, telephone calls and personal visits.
DePaul Academy provides students with an opportunity to have a positive high school experience by learning in the classroom, participating on the playing field, and graduating with a diploma within a normalized student environment that encourages and promotes success. The school program operates on a year-round basis and is designed to meet the individual needs of students in grades 9-12.
Service Learning Projects & Community Engagement
Community service and serving learning activities are part of the Restorative Justice model adopted by DePaul Academy. Using this approach, we strive to rebuild the relationships youth have with their community by positively connecting them to resources and providing community service opportunities. In turn we want youth to be viewed as a resource to their community and to develop a sense of social responsibility and competency.
The DePaul Academy recreation program is designed to improve physical fitness and promote healthy, positive lifestyle choices. The students may participate in intramural sports, art, music, board games and other leisure activities that teach them to use their time positively and productively.